Saturday, 18 October 2014

Declined! Obama’s card gets rejected at NY restaurant

Declined! Obama’s card gets rejected at NY restaurant

 

[caption id="attachment_19400" align="alignnone" width="600"]88e9fbc7-ce91-421c-a1d3-b084a42180ca_16x9_600x338 (The leader was dining in the Big Apple with First Lady Michelle Obama who ended paying for the meal. (File photo: AFP))[/caption]

 

President Barack Obama’s credit card was declined at a New York City restaurant last month, the BBC reported.

 

“It turned out I guess I don't use it enough," the United States Commander in Chief said, adding “they thought there was some fraud going on.”

 

The leader was dining in the Big Apple with First Lady Michelle Obama, who to his luck, reached for her credit card to pay for the meal.

 

Obama revealed the unsual incident while speaking at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau where he announced new provisions to protect debit cards used to collect federal benefits.

 

Almost 100 million Americans have fallen victim to identify theft in 2013 in addition to security breaches at high-profile chain-stores in the United States such as Target and Home Depot.

 

“I was trying to explain to the waitress, you know, I really think that I've been paying my bills,” President Obama said.

 

“Even I'm affected by this.”

 

The president receives an annual salary of $400,000 in addition to a a non-taxable $50,000 expense account.

 

(By Staff Writer | Al Arabiya News)

 

(Al Arabiya News, 18 Saturday October 2014 The Roman)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.